job seeking behavior and motivations

TEAM

Daniel Olivan, Poyen Ramos

DURATION

May to September 2017

TOOLS USED

Google Forms, Tableau, Microsoft Excel

I did consulting with a technology company in the Philippines that transforms the way candidates find jobs and companies hire talent. With its online job-matching platform, this company helps employers create strong candidate relationships and find the right talent.

I consulted with the Marketing team to help them with their market research efforts. Although their job platform generates big data on user behavior while on the platform, less is known about the job seeking behavior and motivations of Filipino young professionals. The company was interested in this to determine potential value that it can give to its employer clients and to identify possible features in the platform.

This project ran from May to September 2017 and involved Filipino young professionals in the fields of Real Estate, Sales and Marketing, IT and Software Development, and Finance. The project was segmented into four, with each survey focusing on one specific field. We deployed the online survey created in Google Forms to the company’s user database through an email blast. After reaching our target of 100 responses (for each field), data was cleaned and shaped in Excel and ran through Tableau.


MY KEY ROLES INCLUDE:

RESEARCH LEAD + PRODUCTION & DESIGN OF RESEARCH MATERIALS

I created the overall research plan and methodology. I created the survey instrument and  led the team in deploying the survey to the company’s user database.

QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS + INSIGHT GENERATION + REPORT WRITING

After reaching our target response number, I proceeded to downloading the data set, cleaning them in Excel, and preparing them for analysis in Tableau. I ran the dataset on Tableau and generated the charts for each data dimension. I then produced a report containing the findings and the recommendations for the project which I sent to the to the Department Head.

Below are some of the charts that I made for the report. All charts were made using Tableau Public.